Bowen Road tubes and balls game

Hidajeta
This morning we have been very busy exploring how to utilise our recycled tubes, so we decided to place balls next to them and see what happens. We place the tubes on the angle to initiate children to squat and reach for balls, then stand up to put them through. These are some of the photos of that activity.

Re: Bowen Road tubes and balls game

mep948
Welcome Hidajeta. This is a great example of how to utilize recycled materials into the outdoor learning space. This type of experience allows children to explore the properties of the tubes ( length, thickness ect). When combining the balls with the tubes, the children can then hold conversations with educators and peers on how they can use the balls and tubes together in a play based situation. Children could be encouraged to explore concepts of size, speed and balance as they experiment with how fast the balls travel through the tubes, what sizes balls will fit into the tubes ect.

A great holistic experience idea.