Elf on a shelf- turns into a physical activity experience

Elf on a shelf- turns into a physical activity experience

mep948
I would like to thank the staff at Moonah (Bowen Rd) today for allowing me to observe the 2-3 room for my HOPPEL project. I would like to share a beautiful teacher-led experience that tI observed the children participate in today.  An  educator read the book Elf on the shelf,  followed by a very simple but effective activity.  Whilst the children we not looking, she sprinkled a trail of glitter around the outdoor learning space. As the children entered the outdoor play space she lead the children on a magical adventure around the outdoor environment searching for evidence that the glitter Elfie left. The children were so excited searching for Elfie and the glitter he had left. The educator encouraged the children to run, jump and walk for approximately 20 mins, until finally the glitter trail lead to the Elf hiding on a shelf outdoors. After this intentional teacher-led experience, the children conducted their own 'magical Elf' advertures all afternoon.

Thank you for a lovely day, I really enjoyed watching the children engaged in a dramatic experience that also promoted physical activity.

Re: Elf on a shelf- turns into a physical activity experience

Vanessa
What a great example! Thanks for sharing, sounds fun :)