Enjoying seeing our frut trees grow fruit and discovering the loquat tree :)

Enjoying seeing our frut trees grow fruit and discovering the loquat tree :)

Vanessa

At Lady Gowrie University we are lucky enough to have a wide range of fruit trees but have found the loquats very interesting as an unusual fruit.  The children often enjoy picking their own fruit off the trees and harvesting from our vegetable gardens.  We are getting very creative at reaching the high rip fruit :)
Shannon

Re: Enjoying seeing our frut trees grow fruit and discovering the loquat tree :)

mep948
You are so very lucky to have fruit trees at your service, and the loquat tree is not a common fruit. The yellow ones are ideal to eat, once they start going orange this indicates they are beginning to be over ripe. The orange ones can be pickled and made into chutney/ jam etc.