Healthy Eating in the Flecther Room Bowen Road

Healthy Eating in the Flecther Room Bowen Road

emmavic
Hi everyone,

We just wanted to share how are healthy eating is going in our Fletcher Room 0-1 yrs.
They have been very busy trying to incorporate more vegetables at morning tea and afternoon tea times.

The children have slowly begun to taste and enjoy them more, the more they are offered.

They also had a very kind parent bring their thermomix in to create some healthy biscuits. They contained NO sugar and the children enjoyed tasting the final product.

Re: Healthy Eating in the Flecther Room Bowen Road

emmavic

Re: Healthy Eating in the Flecther Room Bowen Road

emmavic
They children that are capable of standing were provided the opportunity to stand while watching and helping with the cooking with the parent

Re: Healthy Eating in the Flecther Room Bowen Road

emmavic

Re: Healthy Eating in the Flecther Room Bowen Road

mep948
Hi Emma, it was lovely to have the opportunity of talking with you last night about the innovative strategies your service is putting into place to promote HOPPEL (promotion healthy eating and physical activity). It is lovely to see all rooms in your service are working together to make positive changes in the daily program. I have seem a couple of services are bringing in a theromix to conduct cooking with children. As mentioned documenting these experiences in your visual reflection diary for parents to read also encourages these practices to transfer into the home environment.

Re: Healthy Eating in the Flecther Room Bowen Road

mep948
Its great to see the younger children have the opportunity of practicing their self help skills and serve themselves as this supports Institute of Medicine (IOM) eating occasions recommendation in ECEC services ( USA based) as well as our NQS and EYLF principles and practices. We discussed this during training.