Trip to the Supermarket in Lower Churchill, University South

Trip to the Supermarket in Lower Churchill, University South

Shannon

This morning Lower Churchill continued with their excursion to the supermarket to explore fresh produce and healthy eating.  We were able to discuss fruit and vegetables and write a shopping list so we can enjoy some cooking experiences in the afternoon

Re: Trip to the Supermarket in Lower Churchill, University South

mep948
This is such a great experience for children to be involved in. Children involved in external excursions are an important aspect in a ECEC based program. They teach children about their local community alongside their peers and allow children to be involved in 'real life' experiences. Educators can use these experiences to intentionally initiate meaningful conversations around a topic and encourage children's sustained shared thinking when discussing healthy eating habits with their peers and educators.